a HOPPE'S knock-off boresnake and, as the name implies, used to swab through the bore of a rifle chambered .22 calibre.
From the manufacturer's website:
The boresnake consist of :
- 1. BORE BRUSH : embedded in the cord loosens hard deposits.
- 2. FIRST FLOSS AREA : removes foreign particles prior to the scrubbing action of the brush.
- 3. MAIN FLOSS AREA : with 160 times more surface area than a patch, cleans like no other product.
- 4. BRASS WEIGHT : slips easily through barrel. Grasp and pull cleaning cord through bore.
- Caliber or gauge is stamped into the brass weight.
- -Brushes an swabs bore in one quick pass
- -Built-in bore brushes
- -Multiple short brushes embedded in the floss pass easily through
- the shortest action or port
- -Initial floss area (inside the barrel) removes loose grit and
- debris prior to the scrubbing action of the brush
- -Main floss, with 160 times more floss than a patch, super cleans the bore
- -Brass weighted drop-through cord slips easily down barrel; No assembly required
- -Grasp and pull the cleaning cord through the barrel.
- -One pull through does it all.
- -Lightweight and compact
- -No exposed metal to damage sensitive rifling or crown
- -Solvent compatible
- -Product type: Fishing Rope"
Feel free to watch the video here below as an instructional on how to use a boresnake.
Be duly aware that this is a knock-off product and that you will get what you pay for. The HOPPE'S original variant will set you back atleast twice the price of this one.