Compact blank gun, size approximately comparable to the GLOCK 19 in size.
It has the flat muzzle end, like you'd have on the GLOCK Gen 3 series, 95mm / 3.7" barrel length w/ flush barrel end. Underbarrel Picatinny rail, GLOCK style, w/ one slot. This rail measures 44mm. The trigger is metal, about 6mm at its broadest point.
The cocking serrations are nice and pronounced, featuring 5 vertical grooves, 3mm broad and spaced 2mm apart. This makes the blowback spring not feel quite as stiff as RETAY springs typically are.
The slide catch is 15mm broad, wide on top for better grip, unserrated. The safety is a rear flip-up thumb actuated type, best toggled w/ your left(offhand) thumb when yielding the gun w/ left hand over right hand shooter's grasp.
The thumb rest is a post modern forward canted type, ambidextrous, though not the most tactical design in our opinion. We would have loved to see an indentation slope type instead on this gun. And yes, the frame is completely polymer.
Speaking of which; this handle type is identical to the XPRO model one, which RETAY refers to as their "XTOUCH TECHNOLOGY" - a feminine sloping backstrap, stippled up the curvature w/ the model logo embossed at the base.
The frontal side of the handle has ergonomical finger grooves, also thoroughly stippled and complimented by the curved buttplate on the magazine.
The field strip tab is a BERRETA forward quarter-turn type that can is pulled out, in order to lift the slide off.
To add to the overall positive reaction this pistol garnered from us, this pistol furthermore comes standard w/ the ability to half-cock, that minimizes the force needed to shoot this gun in double action, should that be desired. This would naturally minimize the barrel jerk once the trigger does climb off the sear.
In single action, the trigger travel is minimal and the trigger breaks shortly after the slack has been taken up - which for shootinjg up to 20 meters is perfect. The hammer doesn't hit overwhelmingly hard either, (though we don't recommend dry firing your blank gun for training purposes!)
The sights are as erected as a German Shephard's ears when the scent of an aggressor draws neigh and can be dabbed w/ glow-in-the-dark paint if desired - just be sure to work carefully and use a jig.
- Size class: Compact
- Calibre: 9x22 P.A. Semi Automatic
- Frame: Polymer
- Sights: Plain, high standing. blade and notch type
- Underbarrel rail: Yes, one slot, 44mm
- Pistol Profile: Double Stack
- Backstrap: Curved / Beaver Tail. Lower side is stippled w/ model logo embossed
- Firing action: Hammer Actuated w/ half cocking
- Trigger: Metal, minimum first stage pull, second stage breaks crisp
- Cocking Serrations: Rear only, 5 only, 3mm broad, spaced apart 2mm.
- Barrel length: 3.7"
- Field Strip: Yes, BERETTA forward quarter turn, push-through pin type.
- Slide Catch: Flat and rounded 15mm broad, unserrated
- Safety: Yes, rear hinging wing type, actuates really smooth, minimal resistance
- Fingergrooves: Yes, two and stippled each
- Magazine Buttplate: Curved, to complete the ergonomic feel of the gun.
- Length : 230 mm
- Height : 140 mm
- Weight : 1381 grams
- Magazine Capacity : 14+1